The world is facing the global COVID-19 pandemic which has led to over 3.15 million deaths. However, an even larger number of nearly 41 million people die prematurely every year due to NCDs. National governments, supported by the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations, and multilateral development banks, are at the forefront of this challenge.
The Defeat-NCD Partnership at The United Nations Institute for Training and Research is hosting a high-level panel discussion on “Uninterrupted health services for NCDs during the COVID-19 crisis”, on 25 May 2021, on the margins of the 74th World Health Assembly.
This high-level panel discussion will respond to our call-to-action by reflecting on practical solutions that break the link between NCD and COVID-19 mortality and finding creative ways to leverage COVID-19 response efforts to support strengthened health systems. To attend the event, please register using this link.
The high-level panel discussion will be moderated by Juliette Foster, and panelists include:
- Ahmadou Lamin Samateh, Minister of Health, Government of The Gambia;
- Daniel Ngamije, Minister of Health Government of Rwanda;
- Dechen Wangmo, Minister of Health, Royal Government of Bhutan;
- Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, and Chair of the WHO’s Executive Board;
- Dr. Mohammed Hamad J.T. Al-Thani, Director of Public Health, Ministry of Public Health, Government of the State of Qatar;
- Bandar M. H. Hajjar, President, Islamic Development Bank;
- David Nabarro, Co-Director of the Institute of Global Health Innovation at the Imperial College London, Strategic Director of 4SD, and Special Envoy of WHO Director-General on COVID-19;
- Menassie Taddese, President, Emerging Markets, Viatris;
- Nikhil Seth, Executive Direct, UNITAR;
- Mukul Bhola, Chief Executive Officer, The Defeat-NCD Partnership;
- Senior representatives from the WHO and multilateral development banks.
- Most Viewed
- Most Popular